Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Favorite Day of the Week - Saturday

Ross took out the window in the big bedroom and put in a door which leads out to a new deck!
The other side of the bigger room


The small bedroom


Bathroom


And my angel in the pool!




My little princess is down for her nap after spending a fun hour or so in the kiddie pool! Saturday is my favorite day of the week. I've worked Friday night and don't have to go back to work until Tuesday night. And as long as we don't have an event to attend (which a lot of times we do!) my Saturdays are pretty much free to do whatever I want. I always tell myself that I'm going to do lots of housework so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend, but usually the only thing I do is load the dishwasher and the rest waits til later! But that's okay with me, this is my time to catch up on some much needed rest.





Ross is spending a lot of his weekends working on the upstairs getting it remodeled so we can move up there this fall or early winter and actually use all the space in our house. There are 2 bedrooms and a half bath up there and since I moved in after we got married we've never really used in except for storage. So, Ross is gutting it and putting in all new wiring, insulation, drywall, you name it, he's going to do it. He is going to expand the bathroom and put in a stand up shower for himself and then we don't have to share bathrooms anymore. ;) We had hoped to have it ready before the new baby arrives because we don't actually have the space downstairs for all of us. But, we are using his mowing money to finance the project so we kind of have to wait for him to make the money to use it! So, we are hoping to be moved up there by Christmas. Our bedroom and the nursery will be upstairs. Alexis will take over our current room, which means her little room will be the office and we can reclaim our living room. It is currently the everything room. It will be so nice for her to have a room big enough to keep all her toys in and be able to play in. Right now, all her stuff is in the living room, so it always looks like Hurricane Alexis has been here! I will post some pictures along the way as the progress is made. Here are a few before pictures.

No comments: