Friday, July 2, 2010

Home Grown Goodness

It's been awhile since I've let you all know about how our garden is doing. So, I went outside yesterday and snapped a few picture so you can see how it's doing.

Here are the 27 tomato plants. 
Yep, 27!
And they are all loaded down with green tomatoes too.
 A few of them have started ripening and they are so yummy to eat!
Here is one of the cherry tomato plants. Alexis loves eating these and most of the time the ones we pick don't even make it into the house. She eats them all up while she's outside playing.
Cucumber vines, have been getting a ton of cucumbers the past 2 weeks. Going to be making some dill pickles this weekend.
 Green Beans.
 And Banana Peppers.

Ross has put so much time and effort into our garden this year and it is doing great. I wish I had more time to help him, but Isabel makes gardening a challenge, and our schedule doesn't help either. I'm sure I'll be more helpful next year! In the mean time, I'm enjoying getting to eat all these yummy things and I'm looking forward to canning a bunch this summer too.


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow! The garden looks great. Looks like Mom needs to come for a visit and help can!

Scott S. said...

ROSS is a flippen stud. That garden looks damn awesome you guys. I am jealous. Our is WAY smaller and doesnt look anywhere that good. Our cucumbers are growing, the jalapenos are rocking and the cilantro is fried. Oh well. Nice work