Sunday, November 14, 2010

5QF - Weekend Edition

So I know that it's now Sunday, but I was catching up on reading some blogs and Jenna had done 5QF and I like the questions, so here goes. Don't forget to check out Mama M., our hostess for Five Question Friday.


1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Child birth, hands down. Although, my husband will tell you I'm a weenie when it comes to pain. He "play" punched me the other day and I was whining about how much it hurt. And this is what he had to say, "How is it possible that you could push a baby out of your vagina so easily, but you can't handle any other kind of pain?" I have no clue. But, for some reason, I'm a rock when it comes to childbirth, but any other kind of pain, I don't like so much. Here are the links to my girls birth stories, Alexis and Isabel 

2. How much sleep do you get at night?
Not nearly enough. I've somehow managed to learn how to function in a zombie state with little sleep. Working night shift STINKS! On work nights I average about 5 hours per night, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Now if these were 5 solid hours of sleep, I'd feel great in the morning. But, it's usually interrupted a time or two. Shortly after I go to bed, one of both of the girls will wake up and then when it's time for them to get up for the day, I'm usually awake for that for a bit too. On the weekends I try to catch up, but it's so hard for me to go to bed early since my body is used to night shift. For instance, right now I should be snoring it up, instead I'm blogging because my body thinks I should still be at work. I sure hope to get to day shift soon so that I can sleep like a normal person again. All these short nights are taking a toll on my body and I look awful all the time. You know how when someone says, "You look tired." Well, that's really the polite way of saying, "You look like crap!" I get told I looked "tired" at least once a day at work. Gee, thanks. 

3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?
I don't remember ever believing in Santa Claus at all, so I don't remember how I found out he didn't exist. Alexis is getting to the age where she is starting to say things about Santa, still not sure how we are going to handle it. Here is my post from last year about it, the comments are almost better than the post.

4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Ummmmm...I think it was Eclipse, I'm pretty sure we haven't been to the movies since then.

5. What do you wear to bed?
Pj pants and old ratty t-shirts that have a million holes in them and some of them are 10+ years old.

No comments: