Saturday, October 24, 2009

I Got A Car :)

Yesterday we went to St. Louis in the truck. Ross drove the truck home and I drove home with the girls in my new (slightly used) 2008 Chevrolet Impala! It's the one you saw the picture of last week that I had looked at and test drove. It was the nicest looking of the 3 that we had narrowed it down to. It's not perfect on the outside, but the inside is immaculate for a used car and that is what is the most important to me, because that is where we are. And really the outside looks good too, from a distance, if you get closer you can see a few small scratches and some paint chips, but other than that it's good. And we are pretty sure the tires are almost brand new. It has 47,000 miles on it and there is no way those tires have that many miles on them, so we are pleased about that. The truck is due for new tires, so it would be bad to have to get tires for both vehicles close together.

So, I have wheels again and I'm very pleased about that. It's been okay to have just 1 car, but since I'm a night shifter and so is Ross, I don't really get around all that fast to go any where and do anything. So, by the time of day I feel like getting out and about, Ross is headed to work, so I'm left with no wheels. Now, I can have the freedom to go when I want to and not when I have to. Ross said I could never handle us being a 1 car family. I told him I could if it meant I got to be a stay at home Mom, but since we know I have to go back to work, I was very ready to have a car again. I'm very thankful that I have a good job, but on the downside, it will be harder for me to quit and stay home. If I didn't make as much money, it would be a lot easier to justify me staying home. But that's a totally different topic for a different day. Today is a good day!! I'm even excited to go to the grocery store later because I get to drive my new car!!!!!!! Have a blessed weekend, it is so nice to see the sun shining!

No comments: