Friday, October 2, 2009

Isabel Update

We had an appointment with Dr. Rao today for Isabel. She is doing great! She now weighs 8 lbs. 10 oz. and is 22 1/4 inches long! Dr. Rao already said she's going to be tall! She's in the 90th percent tile for height and right around the middle for weight and head size. Dr. Rao said she is very proportionate.

We have a busy October ahead of us. Tomorrow is the Lea Family Reunion. Next weekend - Sadie's 1st birthday, weekend after that - Pumpkin Patch (YAY!), and after that one - Costume Party and Ross leaves for his Pheasant Hunting Trip, and then it will be Halloween.......Boo! So glad that I have a long maternity leave to enjoy all this stuff.

Isabel is now 3 weeks and 1 day old, so I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable taking her places. She still won't really go out in public (Walmart, grocery store) until she is 6 weeks or older. But, all the events I listed above are all with family, except the Pumpkin Patch and that's outdoors anyway. So, I'm okay with taking her to these places as long as no one is sick or has been recently. I still don't want her passed around to a lot of different people either. For some reason I'm being super protective of her. They just look so fragile when they are this small even though I know they are very resilient at this age too.

We've settled into a nice routine and I'm looking forward to spending some nice quiet time at home with my girls. With the exception of our weekend plans, I'm not really wanting to do anything else other than just be home alone with my kiddos and soak up as much as I can before I have to go back to work.

So, look for lots of pictures to come this month. Fall is my favorite time of year, so I'm sure I'll be snapping loads of pictures.

1 comment:

Nel said...

I too have been very protective of Miss Abby. She will be 6 months on the 8th and I still find myself 'guarding' her like she is a newborn sometimes... But I think that there is not a thing wrong with protecting our babies! That's our job right?!?!?! Enjoy your time home with your girls!