Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 A Look Back

Our year in review

  • January 9th I found out we were expecting our second baby! A surprise, but very exciting still!
  • February and March were pretty typical for us. Slow winter months with lots of time to be together. Lots of napping for me when I could catch one with Alexis being so busy.
  • April, our baby girl turned 2! We had a great BBQ party out at Maramec Springs.
  • May we had a nice extended weekend with my family in Kentucky Lake.
  • June - Ross turned 30 and we had a nice party for him at Uncle Jerry & Aunt Karen's place at the creek. We also began the work on our remodel for the upstairs to make room for Baby #2.
  • July - Celebrated the 4th at Aunt Donna and Uncle Cecil's. I'm getting more pregnant everyday. Went to a baby shower for my friend Amy at the end of the month. We are due 1 day apart from each other. We also took Alexis to her first Cardinal's game at the end of the month.
  • August - On the 1st we were on our way to St. Louis in the pouring rain and we had an accident that ended up totaling the car. Spent a lot of this month preparing for the new baby. Ross is still working upstairs, but we know that it won't be ready until after the baby comes. Our families gave us a small baby shower at my Mom and Dad's house one Sunday afternoon. My nephew Riley turned 2 and we went to his birthday party. On the 27th, my friend Amy had her baby girl, Callie. I was only a little jealous that I was still pregnant.
  • September - I'm pretty much on house arrest so I don't end up having another baby in St. Louis. But, since I wasn't showing any signs of labor, I did get to go to my Mom and Dad's for the Labor Day BBQ/Mom's birthday party. My last day of work was Friday September 4th. I called in on Tuesday, it was hot and muggy and I just wasn't feeling it. I knew when I woke up Wednesday morning that I wasn't going to work that day either. And sure enough, we went to the hospital that night and Isabel Ann joined us on the 10th. So, the rest of September was filled with baby love! We did make it out to the Turner family reunion for a bit on the third Saturday of the month.
  • October was a busy month. Isabel was growing fast. We started car shopping to replace the Pontiac, bought an '08 Impala on the 23rd. Took a trip to the pumpkin patch, went to the Lea family reunion. Had Halloween at my brother's house. Very busy month, we had something going on every weekend that month. Almost forgot Ross went on a pheasant hunt in South Dakota with my dad and brothers and his dad too.
  • November - Another busy month. Alexis said goodbye to her pacifier for good. Yay Alexis! This is also the month I returned to work the week of Thanksgiving. Spent Thanksgiving with my family this year at Mom and Dad's house. Isabel is growing and doing great! Alexis got her first "real" haircut, a very cute bob. She'd only had some bangs and trims done before. Had some really nice weather this month and both the girls enjoyed some outside time. Ross blew up a lot of leaves and burned all of them. At the end of the month I went to a funeral for 2 little boys who were killed in a car accident and it was one of the hardest and saddest things I've ever done. It's something I will never forget.
  • December - Got some very exciting news this month. As of the 11th, I'm off work until April 6th, yippee! Christmas time is here. We got our tree up fairly early this year thanks to Alexis liking the one she saw at the grocery store so much. Our remodel is getting so close to being done, you can just feel it. We are getting very excited! Ross is actually painting today and very soon we'll have that done and all the trim work up and then all that's left to do is call for the carpet installers to come. We're getting the whole house carpeted along with the upstairs. We are just out of room. Especially with all the new Christmas toys the girls got this year! We had a really great Christmas, 3 days straight in fact. Unfortunately this year is going to end with us having a little girl being sick. (I'm writing this on the 30th, but not posting until the 31st.) Alexis has been on the couch since she got up from her nap, so she's been sleeping on and off for the last 5 hours and she told me she wanted to go lay down for her nap, which is something she never does. She's got a low grade fever, enough to give Tylenol, so I hope she feels better soon. And I hope Isabel doesn't catch anything from her or we'll be making a visit to the doctor.
So goodbye 2009, welcome2010!

No comments: