Thursday, September 16, 2010

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Hi all! I'm really hoping that my readers don't think I've abandoned them, because I haven't. I've just been super busy and haven't had a lot of time to blog. I will try my hardest to squeeze in at least one post a week until things slow down and I have more time again.

I'm so thankful that mowing season is about to come to an end. That means I get my husband back....at least until April when it starts again.

The girls are doing great! Isabel did bust her lip for the first time tonight, a lot of blood, but the tears stopped before the bleeding did, so it was all good and soon forgotten. Although Alexis will probably tell the story to anyone she comes into contact with for the next 3 weeks. That girl is so dramatic and loves telling her version of a story. She is such a chatterbox, there is not one silent moment in our house while she is awake.

Isabel is enjoying all the new toys she got for her birthday, she is such a big girl. She pretty much runs everywhere she goes now and loves getting into EVERYTHING! I cannot keep the house straightened to save my life. I clean one room and they are destroying another. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually got all of my cleaning done in the same day. It just doesn't happen anymore, and I'm okay with that...

Ross has been super busy and kind of stressed at his work. I obviously didn't get that day shift job I wanted, or trust me, you would have heard me shouting for joy by now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be other positions opening up soon. I really need to get to days. This evening shift bologna is for the birds if you ask me. At least when you have kids it is. Before the girls came along, I had no problem with it. Now, it's a big problemo! It complicates all kinds of things in so many ways.

We have a very busy month and a half coming up. This weekend, it's the Turner family reunion Saturday morning, then leave from there to go get Ross' sister Meredith and take her to a Cardinal's game for her birthday. Then we are staying the night with her in St. Louis and coming home sometime Sunday. Monday, Isabel has a well baby visit, Alexis has her first dentist appointment and then dance class. Whew, I'm going to be slightly crazed Monday afternoon/evening. I'm pretty sure I'll be needing an extra large sweet tea from McDonald's!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead of you as well. I'm off here to go visit with my hubs for a bit. I will make a grand effort to get a 5QF out tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

You're right Absence does make the heart grow fonder! I love the first photo! Her hair is precious!1 Have a great weekend!

Nel said...

ADORABLE pictures!!!!