Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm Ready

I think it's time to wean Isabel. She will be 1 on Friday and she only nurses at night now. She's always had trouble focusing on nursing during the day because she's too worried about what is going on around her.

To be quite honest with you, I'm ready to have my boobs back. I'm ready for some new pretty bras that aren't nursing bras. I'm ready to be able to have a margarita with dinner if I want to. I'm ready to be able to eat hot wings again. I'm ready to sleep for more than 3-4 hours at one time.

I had thought I would nurse Isabel longer than I did Alexis (13 months) but I think Isabel is more independent than Alexis was. Last night she slept from 10pm to 6:30am and I didn't nurse her when she got up. It was a little rough, but I think after a few days she'll be fine. I've tried introducing cow's milk to her, but she doesn't like it yet. I'll keep trying. Alexis never liked milk either. She drinks chocolate milk now, and sometimes regular.

She eats everything in sight, oatmeal for breakfast. a whole banana and cheerios for snack, a big jar of baby food for lunch, a pretzel stick for a snack, and 2 jars of baby food for supper. She's really starting to try a  lot more table food as well. She's eating peas really well and yesterday she ate a ton of rice-a-roni. She loves Mac-N-Cheese, biscuits and gravy, and mashed potatoes. Oh, and she tried pancake this morning for the first time (without syrup).

If any of you breastfeeding mommies have any tips to make our weaning process easy and simple, I would appreciate any advice you have.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh goodness. It's hard...and sad. I know you feel ready (I did too), but some where deep down, I felt so sad. Maybe because I knew in my heart she would be my last child who I was able to breastfeed. I say take it easy...when she wants to, do, when she doesn't don't. She'll lead the way I think!

Bethany said...

Wear thicker, more modest shirts so that when you are doing something cuddly, your child won't have a non verbal cue or hint to nurse. This helped me a lot.