Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Almost There...

Well, it's getting down to the last bit of the pregnancy. 5 weeks and 1 day until the due date (EDD). I finally came to the conclusion that I can't handle working 10 hours shifts anymore. I tried to make it all the way, but it's just not worth it to exhaust myself like that. When I was pregnant with Alexis I only worked 8 hour shifts from about the 5th or 6th month on. This time I almost made it all the way, but it's tough to ride in that forklift for that long. So, starting tonight, I won't be working past 12:30. I hope to work right up until delivery, but this summertime pregnancy has been a lot harder than being pregnant with Alexis all winter and delivering before it got hot.

We got an awesome deal today on some solid oak bunk beds and a chest of drawers. We were going to be furniture shopping for Alexis' new room, so now we don't have to! I'm getting really excited about getting the upstairs finished up, so we can get everything all moved around and it will feel so much more spacious because we will be utilizing our whole house instead of part of it. When the baby gets here, we will be a little cramped for a few months, but I can't wait! I'm getting super anxious about finding out if we have a he or she! Today, Alexis was playing in some of the books in the bookcase next to the computer and she pulled one out. It was my pregnancy journal from her, which is were I stuck the envelope that has the ultrasound picture and the sex on it. I was tempted!! But, I resisted, because that surprise is so incredible!

I have nothing else for now, I'm tired and going to sleep, hopefully for at least 4 -5 hours before I have to get up to go potty!

No comments: