Monday, August 3, 2009

Waiting for news about the car...

I talked with the claims company this afternoon. The estimator from the insurance company looked at the car today and now we are waiting for the total loss division to look things over and make the decision whether it is fixable or totalled. We should hear something tomorrow.

Ross is hoping it is fixable and if they total it, he is hoping that we can get the money, buy it back really cheap, and fix it and drive it still. His whole reasoning behind that is because we only have 4 more payments on his truck, and 10 more for my car and we will no longer have vehicle payments to deal with and we can focus on our other debt. That is what has been the most upsetting thing about the accident after realizing that we were all okay.

My feelings are leaning towards hoping it is totalled and getting a different vehicle, even if that means a payment for a longer time again. I just have really mixed feelings about driving a car that has been wrecked, and I'm not so sure how I will feel driving it in the rain, even though it was an accident and had nothing to do with the car, but more the road conditions. Plus, there is the fact that it will be a little cramped with 2 little ones in the backseat. :o) Can't wait for baby #2 to get here!

I will let you all know as soon as we have more details and I'll try to get the pictures of the car up soon too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the second option. Anytime you can get rid of debt, you are moving in the right direction.