Friday, August 21, 2009

It's Been Awhile

It's been a bit since I posted anything on the ole blog, so I thought I'd come up with something today.

Haven't really had a lot to talk about lately, been staying busy with everyday life.

Last weekend, Ross and his dad spent some more time working upstairs. They got some new electrical wire run for downstairs as well. (On top of the remodel upstairs, Ross is running new electric in the whole house as well. Last year he put a new supply into the house and now he's working on getting all new wire in the walls to the outlet and switches and replacing them.) I was planning to clean house last weekend, but with them being in and out down here, I kind of figured it would be pointless to try. I didn't want to waste what little energy I have. So, I did the bare minimum and that's it.

I'm off work today, so my goal is to keep everything straightened and keep up with laundry and dishes and then next weekend, Mom is coming to help me and we are going to deep clean some things. I'm very determined to not get caught unprepared when this baby arrives. As long as I'm not showing any signs of labor coming on, I'm going up to Mom and Dad's tomorrow. Ross is planning on working on the house again this weekend and I seem to get more rest if I'm not here, even though he doesn't require anything from me other than maybe putting lunch on the table and getting him water. But, for some reason, I just am not very relaxed when there is a lot going on around me.

Tomorrow, my nephew Riley turns 2! Sunday we are going to Tim and Sarah's for the birthday party! I'm sure I'll have pictures of that up soon after!

Back to the normal everyday stuff I've been busy with: Monday, Ross and I took a childbirth class. You might not think it is necessary if you've already had a child, but we did learn some new things that we found helpful. I'm really looking forward to getting to deliver in a hospital that I'm familiar with as well. So, if I do go into labor while in St. Louis, we will be driving to Rolla. This time around I am hoping I realize I'm in labor a little sooner than I did with Alexis, and I figure if I could drive from here to St. Louis while in labor, I can make it to Rolla from St. Louis as well.

Tuesday, I had a baby check up. I was at 35 weeks 5 days. I had misunderstood Dr. Cunningham last week and I thought I was getting my first pelvis exam, she hadn't planned on doing it until next week, but since I was already half undressed for it she went ahead and checked for me. I was dilated to about 1 1/2, cervix still thick, but softening. So, that's a start. As ready as I am to have this baby, I'm quite alright with letting it hang out in there for another week or so.

I worked, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week and I'm off today. I was very tired after I got home last night, but I feel pretty good today. Looking forward to my long weekend. I don't go back to work until Wednesday next week.

That's about all I know for now. I'll try and come up with some interesting things to talk about, but for now I'm preoccupied in baby land for the most part!

No comments: