Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hump Day

Although it may be hump day for some of you, it's my first day to work this week and I must say I could get used to that, although I'm sure I wouldn't like the smaller paycheck. But, honestly I really wouldn't even care about that. I've gotten to be with Alexis for 5 straight days without leaving her at the sitters to run off to work, and yes, I could so get used to being a stay at home mom!

Last night, she was being a little bit of a challenge, but I think that is part of being 2 and exploring her boundaries. I just don't like the days that I feel like all I'm doing is getting on to her, but today has been much better so far. Yesterday after Ross left for work I decided it was time for me to get the tushy in gear and get some work done around the house. I decided that I was going to focus on Alexis' room since I needed to rearrange a little bit of stuff to make room for the new baby things to be temporarily. I had already cleaned out the closet a few weeks back and now it is crammed full, but organized! So I tackled everything else in her tiny room. There is a floor to ceiling bookcase in there that has a variety of things on it, so I went through all of that and dusted and pitched things that needed pitched and re-organized the shelves to make everything fit that needs to be there. Then I decided that since I had done that I needed to move the changing table and dust the blind and pull the window down and in and clean it inside and out, vacuum under the changing table, move it back and then do the same thing under the crib. So, after spending about an hour and a half in her room and doing some other housework and laundry yesterday, I had a terrible back ache, but felt good that I had accomplished something.

It is now safe to say that we have everything totally ready if I have the baby today! The only thing left for me to focus on is getting the house a little bit cleaner than it is right now and keeping it that way. I'm determined that I will not let my house be a stress causer this time around. I will have enough things to worry about when the baby gets here.

I'm very fond of my privacy, especially when I first come home with my new baby. It's really important in those first few weeks to get breast feeding established really well and I remember how tired I was those first few weeks too. I'm only going to have a few days of peace and quiet until Ross is ready to spend the rest of his time off from work upstairs. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but that means multiple, various people will be in and out of the house helping Ross and if any of you have been to our house you know there really is no way for me to get away from it. So, I'm trying to not get over anxious about it, but it does bug me a little. And, the only other real pet peeve I have about coming home and being here with the baby the first month or two, is that I HATE unannounced visitors, even if you're family. Sorry, I know that sounds a little harsh, but I really like my privacy. So, in this world of almost everyone having a cell phone, I don't think it is too much to ask for a call to see if it is okay to come by.

That's all for now, more to come later I'm sure!! Maybe my next post will be announcing a new baby!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I never would have guessed that my next post would be to announce Callie! Guess I must have been psychic!