Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

So far, we have had a nice 4th weekend. Yesterday we went over to Bonne Terre and visited Lucille for a bit and helped her out when I went downstairs and discovered water in the basement. Glad we were there to help her, who knows how bad it may have gotten because she said she never goes downstairs. After that we went over to Donna and Cecil's for the annual 4th of July BBQ. We had a really nice time there, but the rain shower earlier in the day made the humidity ridiculous. Daniel and I won the washer tournament, I was actually throwing really well for being 7 months pregnant with a slight waddle! We watched the fireworks in Bonne Terre and it was a good show. Got to meet Daniel and Colleen's new baby boy Isaiah. He is 10 days old and so cute! He slept for the entire 4 hours they were there. Alexis just wanted to hold him and with a little help from me she did just that and she was very gentle and loving so I hope that will stay the same when our new baby gets here. I think I will have my hands full for a bit until the newness of the new baby wears off!

Today, we have had an awesome family day of doing nothing at all! We've alternated between watching movies, playing games with Alexis and all three of us playing together on the Wii. I'm feeling a little frustrated right now with the new Wii, because the one thing I thought I was good at on Wii Sport is not cooperating with me right now. I love to bowl and I just got my skill level up to pro and then it dropped in my next two games. Oh well, it's just a game, but I like to be good at things. I was planning on being super busy here at the house today, but my body told me something else. It's getting harder and harder to sleep comfortably now. I start on my left side and wake up hours later to pee and am still in the same position which is good and bad. Good, because I'm supposed to sleep on my left side, but bad because I haven't budged in hours so my whole body is achy and sore. So, after I use the restroom I switch to my right side for awhile and the same thing happens. I'm hoping that next weekend I'll have some energy to get some things done that are long overdue around here. Most of what I want to do is related to getting the house in order and making space for the new baby, so it must be done soon! I'm only working 3 days this week and I'll have a 4 day weekend, so I should make some head way.

Hope you all have had a wonderful holiday weekend! I'll post some pictures soon from yesterday.

No comments: