Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thankful for.......


I was laying in bed last night trying to sleep, with no luck. My mind just would not stop racing. So somehow in all my different thoughts my Mom popped in there.

I'm thankful for my Mom today! I'm one of the luckiest daughters in the world because my Mom is my best friend. I know that I can always count on her to listen and let me cry on her shoulder. She is always the one who brings me back to reason when my emotions take over and I'm making irrational statements while I'm venting to her. She is most definitely my rock when I need one. You never appreciate your mom when you are young, at least I didn't. During my later teen years she was the last person I wanted to talk to and I regret that I hurt her during that time. But, I hope that the last few years have made up for that. I've come to depend on her for so many things. Especially advice for raising a child. She always gives her opinion, but doesn't try to force me to do it her way. And I always know that she will give me sound, biblical advice.

So, if you love your mom as much as I love mine, maybe you should call her today and tell her! Love you MOM! See you Saturday!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for the sweet words, you made my day. I'm just glad you feel that way, especially after all the mistakes I made as a mom during that time.

Mom

Jaimee said...

Jess you are so blessed to have such a great mom!