Monday, July 27, 2009

Bubble Baths & Baby Names

Bubble Baths

Ever since we have discovered Johnson's Baby Bubble Bath, Alexis rarely takes a bath without them. They are very gentle and have the no more tears formula so we have lots of fun with them. It was probably a good 2 or 3 weeks before she even played with any of her bath toys after we started using them. The bubbles were enough for her. It always amazes me how little it takes to please a child, and how I wish I was more like that.

The bubbles were a "big deal" and still make a hit every night, but at first it was almost a tragedy to Alexis when bath time ended. She did not like her bubbles going away. I've always let all the water drain and then rinsed her really well to get all the soap out of her hair. So, we made a little ritual of telling the bubbles bye bye. Through the tears the first night or two, Mommy told Alexis that the bubbles had to go bye bye, but they would be back tomorrow. So, now at the end of every bath, Alexis stands in the tub and helps Mommy rinse all the bubbles away, and in her sweet little voice, while waving wildly at the bubbles says, "Bye, bye bubbles, back, morrow." It is one of the highlights of my day. (That's why I have to get off of night shift, it just isn't right for Mommy to be away from her little baby at night time.)

Baby Names

Ross and I are having a terrible time coming up with names for our new baby. I guess we don't have a real sense of urgency about it since we don't know the sex of the baby. But, with Alexis we had at least 2 names chosen for each sex. So, you would think we would still have boy names since we got our girl, but for whatever reason we just haven't found any names we really like and agree on. I have a few I really like that Ross isn't so hot about and I feel the same way about some he likes. I went to a baby name website earlier and browsed some names, but nothing has just jumped off the page at me. I'm hoping this means that if we still don't have a name by delivery day that God will give us a good one. I think we both realized after having Alexis, that it is a big deal to give another person their name for life. We have agreed that the next babies name will not end in "s". Try saying Alexis's room.....it doesn't roll of the tongue very easy! :) Not to say that I have any regrets about naming her Alexis, because I have absolutely none, but sometimes I don't think we realize all the aspects of choosing a name. I can't imagine Alexis having a different name, and I'm sure we will come up with something for our new little one as well. Right now, just seem to have major brain freeze!

PS: I'm very interested to know who has voted in my poll, so leave me a comment please. So far, everyone thinks boy. Is that because of how I look? Or because we already have a girl? Let me know what you are thinking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I voted another girl. No reason.

Few thoughts on choosing names. I didn't put any deep thoughts into naming my children, just seemed to go with names that appealed to me at the time.

Only one of my children was named with a name other than the chosen name.

What I find really interesting is that I never really looked up the meaning of the names I chose for my children before they were born. About 10 years ago I found a book that not only identified the meaning of the name but gave a scripture verse that was also associated with the meaning of the name along with character traits.

It was amazing how closely their names and characters matched their personalities, and in one case the circumstances of their birth.

I'm a firm believer in the Providence of God. He so graciously and lovingly orders the steps of our lives, even when we give not even a passing thought to Him, He is Lord of all, even to the naming of our children. After all, the Bible says, " Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. Psalm 139:16

So, the name will be there and it will be perfect!

Mom