Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sad Day

Today I did something that I hope I will never, never have to do again. I attended a visitation for a 6 year old boy and his 9 year old brother. They, along with their grandmother were killed in a car accident on Sunday. Their father is one of my co-workers.

Seeing those 2 sweet, innocent faces in a casket is something I will never forget and something I hope I will never see again. My heart is breaking for that entire family and the loss that they are having to cope with.

It is so unfair and although I know that God doesn't make mistakes, I still want to know why? Why did they have to die so young? And why does the family that is left behind have to experience the pain and loss that they are all feeling right now?

My prayer's today and for many days to come are that God will comfort and hold this family together as they heal from this great loss. Only He will be able to bring the comfort and understanding that they need to be able to move on with their lives and know that God has a purpose and plan for everything, even something as horrible as this.

Today I am thankful for my precious children and that I still have them to hold. And I'm very sad for the family that has lost some of their precious ones. But I know that Jesus is now holding those sweet little boys close to his heart and that is a comfort.

Please lift up this family in your prayers.

No comments: