Friday, February 19, 2010

5QF 2/19/10

It's Friday again which means it's time for 5 Questions with Mama M. I personally look forward to Friday's because 1) I don't have to try and come up with something to blog about...I've been very blank upstairs when it comes to having anything to write about. 2) It means it's the weekend, and I have a bunch of stuff going on this weekend!

Tomorrow is my nephew Tyler's 7th birthday party at Pump It Up!! I know Alexis is going to have tons of fun!

Tomorrow night Ross and I get to have a Valentine's Date...well, I'm not much of a fan of Valentine's Day anymore, so it's just a date. I didn't even get Ross a card this year =(. Anyway, it's a date none the less, and we could really use one. We've kind of been in one of those slumps lately. I might try and blog about it later in the week.

Sunday, I get to go see my brother Brent again. It will be the last time I get to see him for a bit. He is leaving next week and going to the Teen Challenge facility in Cape Girardeau, MO. He'll be down there until he graduates from the program in December. That's probably a 2½ - 3 hour drive for us one way, so I won't get to see him a whole lot this year. He is doing really great though, it's almost like he's a new person!

When we get back home Sunday afternoon/evening it's the final prep time for the upstairs. Carpet comes Monday!!! YAY! So excited!

Okay, enough of that stuff, on to the questions.
My Little Life

1. Have you ever hit an animal with your vehicle?
Yes, but I don't think I've ever actually hit a pet. A few rabbits, squirrels, birds, a coon or two, probably a possum, and an armadillo. 

I remember the first time I hit anything, I think it was a raccoon. I was so upset and my heart was racing so fast. Now that I've been driving for longer, it doesn't get me quite so worked up if I hit something, it's not really my fault they jump out in front of me now is it? And I do live in a rural area, so it comes with the territory.  

2. When you see a string on your clothes do you pull it off or cut if off?
Most of the time, I just rip. Unless it's the elastic band on my underwear and then I cut it or it just keep coming and coming and coming undone. 

3. Did you have your own room or share a room when you were young?
When I was very young I shared a room with my brother Matt. I was too young to remember though, so I've always had my own room as long as I can remember.

4. Would you rather wear the same thing for the rest of your life or eat the same thing for the rest of your life?
I would much rather wear the same thing everyday than get stuck eating the same thing over and over again. I love food way to much to be bored liked that. But give me some jammie pants and a hoodie and I'm good to go!

5. What was your favorite TV show as a child?
I don't really remember honestly. We watched TV when I was young, but somewhere around the age of 10 or so, Mom and Dad got rid of TV. We only watched videos. But, I remember going over to Bill & Daphene's (they were Mom and Dad's friends, kind of like extra grandparents for me)  house usually once a week for supper. While they were all chatting over coffee and cake after supper, I go downstairs and watch Nick At Nite. I loved The Dick Van Dyke show and I Love Lucy.

7 comments:

Angie G. said...

Follow Me Friday follower. I would much rather wear the same thing for the rest of my life too.

Angela
http://nepastealsanddeals.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

hi! Found you through 5Q Friday! cute blog. I Love Lucy is definitely a good show!

Krajcimama said...

I'm sooo with you on the jammie pants and hoodie! :) It's a staple in my wardrobe and what you will find me in most of the time - unless I have to work!

Nel said...

Back in the day when I had to drive Corey's truck everywhere, before the van... I hit a dog :( It ran out just as I drove by, and there was another vehicle coming.... Libby said what was that! I said, "It was a pot hole..." the big truck didnt even budge... I still feel guilty about it :( But I couldn't do anything about it! I was in a HUGE truck with 2 carseats squished in the front seat with me.

Helene said...

I'm so with you...I could live in a hoodie and jammy pants for the rest of my life and be completely happy!

Thanks for the follow! I'm following you now too!

Sammy said...

I completely agree with the comfy pants and hoodie! Best way to go, I love food too much haha! :)

Simply Stacie said...

Following you from Follow Me Friday!

http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com