Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just Stuff

My brain is so full of stuff that you'll have to forgive this very random, rambling post.

I've been very busy today working on getting the girls room set up and I think I'm finished. I have a few more things to sort through in the closet of their old room and that's about it. I need to hang things on the wall, but I'm going to let my Dad help me do that when he has a chance to come down. Ross has plenty on his plate now, so I don't want to bother him with it, but I just can't wait any longer to decorate and make it look homey. I feel like I've been waiting forever for this and it's finally happening!

I'm so tired, but so completely satisfied with all that's going on. My house is in utter chaos and a disaster area, but I don't even care. It's going to be so fantastic when we get it all done and together! March 8th is when the rest of the house gets carpet, so a few days after that and my home will be fresh and pretty and clean and new feeling and I will have so much more space! You have no idea how that excites me!

I've always been a fan of organizing and somewhat anal about how things are, but I've never been that way since I moved in after we got married. I know some of the reasons why I haven't been and one was that I just didn't care, because this house didn't feel like mine.

*Brief history lesson for folks who don't know me - Ross purchased this house during our engagement and I really didn't have anything to do with it or a say in it at all. It is the house he grew up in and he bought it from his parents. He got a really great price for it, so there's no complaint there, but I've never really felt like it was mine. The shadow from his parents lingered for quite a few years and then we began making changes that made it feel more like our own home. And this project has been the biggest change and makes me feel like I have a brand new house!*

I'm super excited about finding a place for everything and keeping everything in its place! The girls room is so cute, I can't wait to get all the stuff up on the walls and take pictures to share with you.

I need some decorating help in our room though, I'll be calling on my Momma and sister's for some advice on what to do up there. But, it's so nice to be able to walk around the bed without brushing against the wall like we did in our old room.

Our old room is becoming the guest room/playroom. Guest room just because we are putting our extra full size bed in there, mostly just a playroom for the girls. My living room will once again be just a living room. We'll have so much more room to entertain now without feeling like there is no for people to go.

The girls old room will become the office, getting the computer out of the living room and making room for the piano that is out in the garage that will hopefully be repairable and working again so Alexis can take lessons soon!

The girls are sleeping sweetly in their new room, so I'm off to do some more cleaning down here. I can actually make noise and do stuff after they go to bed and I'm not afraid of waking them now!

3 comments:

Nel said...

So incredibly exciting!!! I am so happy for you :)

Melissa said...

I know exactly how you are feeling. Hubby already had a house when I moved in w/ him that him and his ex had decorated. I hated that house. Then we bought a new house, which I loved so much, it was a gorgeous house, but for some reason never felt like "home" to me. Weird! So when we left Mobile, AL to Nashville, we bought a house that I HATE...but we have 4 acres and that is what my husband wanted. But now that we've got to remodel the bathrooms and fix everything up, it's finally feeling like home to me and I'm starting to like my house. I will never like the kitchen though.

ThinkFeminist said...

A new follower. You can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com