Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day Extravaganza - Big Blue

Linked up with Mama M. yet again today!

Today's theme: Tell the story of your love's biggest romantic screw up

All right, I'm not really sure what to share on this one. Some of our early dating screw ups are just too personal to tell just anyone.

We were on a bumpy road and hit lots of pot holes in the first few years we dated. I'm thankful for those years, because I firmly believe they made us who we are as individuals and as a couple. I also believe that all the struggles we had then, made the first year of our marriage much easier. I've always heard that the first year is rough, for us it was great! Yes, we had to adjust to living together, but that is the case for anyone that has even just a roommate.


The only really goofy thing happened on our second Christmas together. Ross gave me one gift. Now, that in and of itself isn't a horrible thing. But, take into consideration that we'd only been dating for a little more than a year. And during that time, Ross had proven himself to be a great gift giver multiple times.

My one gift was a winter coat.....................Ugh! A big, blue, puffy, ugly coat. I didn't need or want a winter coat, especially as a gift from my boyfriend. HELLO???  Had you learned nothing about women over the last year we've been together? But, apparently, he thought the coat I had was a little lacking in the warmth department, so he decided to get me one he thought was more appropriate. In hindsight, it really did reveal his caring and thoughtful personality, but I wasn't thinking about that at the time!

Now girls, I'm in no way a fashion diva, but this coat was just plain booorrrrrrrrring. I had a nice black leather coat that my parents had given me a few years back and I was quite content with it, and had no need for a different coat.

So, yes, Ross tanked that year in the gift giving department. He had made up for it in years since though. He's a very thoughtful and creative gift giver!

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great post and I love your blog design.....