Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Weekend

Easter Weekend has arrived and I'm looking forward to having a warm, sunny Easter Sunday this year. The past few years have been yucky on Easter Sunday. Hopefully this year the little girls won't freeze their buns off in the pretty, but sometimes not sensible sleeveless dresses!

We have a very packed 2 days ahead of us.

I'm making breakfast this morning for us and Ross' parents. A few weeks back I got Ross' grandma's homemade biscuit recipe and the other week I made some for us. Apparently I did okay, because Ross wants me to make some more.

We completely forgot to dye Easter eggs last night. Our evening didn't go as I had planned, but it rarely ever does, oh well....we'll get it squeezed in there somewhere. I did get the eggs boiled at least.

We'll be heading to Rolla to get our shopping done. Then it's to my sister's house for my sweet nephew Jackson's 3rd birthday party.

Sunday morning it will be up early to give the girls their Easter goodies and then heading to my Mom and Dad's house for lunch. I'm making hash brown casserole and an angel food cake, which reminds me, I still have to get the ingredients for the casserole and can't forget to make the cake at some point today.

While we're in St. Louis, we are going to try and make a run down to Festus to see my step-grandma. She is in the hospital and not doing so well. The doctors have pretty much said that she doesn't have a lot of time left. She always enjoys when we take the girls to see her, I just wish she lived a little closer and we'd been able to see her more often. It's about an hour and 45 minute drive from our house to hers.

We're also going to swing over and see Meredith before we leave the city, so it's going to be a jam packed day, but I'm sure it will be lots of fun too. The kids are always so cute when we have the Easter egg hunt for them at Mom and Dad's!

And I can't wait to get the girls into the darling dresses I have for them this year, so cute! You will probably be on picture overload from me next week.

I hope you all have a blessed Easter weekend!

"He is risen!"

Here is one of my all time favorite Easter songs. It's not the best video ever, the lyrics on screen don't exactly match the lyrics of the song, but listen and you'll be blessed. Harvest Christian Centre does an Easter program every year and this is their final song and it is so powerful when they put the music to drama. Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

veterankindergartenteacher said...

You do have a lot planned! Have a safe trip and a blessed Easter.

USCGWifey said...

Happy Easter! I'm your newest follower from FF! I'm running a little behind this week! You have a very nice blog! Please stop by and see me when you can! http://thelifeofacoastguardwife.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

My church played this song today! It is a really good song, I hope that they put it on our online sermon this week.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower.

~Amber @ The Mom Road