Thursday, April 29, 2010

Upset

I'm am so upset right now, I'm about to cry...

I just finished watching the weather forecast for the weekend and it's not looking good.

I was so excited about having a big birthday party for Alexis here are our house. We've got the menu all worked out and all kinds of our family are supposed to be coming. We were up to 24 adults and about 12 kids at last count. Now, I'm afraid we might have to cancel it.

That totally bums be out....big time. Ross suggested moving locations, I'm not a fan of that idea, I really wanted people to come to our home for a change instead of having to go to somewhere else because they have a bigger home than we do.

It really isn't feasible for everyone to fit into our house, that would be no fun for anyone. My thought was that if it's raining, the men could hang out in the garage and the kids could play inside between the playroom downstairs and the girls room upstairs and the ladies could hang out either outside or inside. But, the forecast is calling for storms and I'm pretty sure no one will want to be hanging around outside even in the garage if it's storming bad. Most people with sense know that they need to be at home when it's storming bad.

My aunt's and uncle's and a whole bunch of my cousins with their kids were all going to be coming from over an hour away and I was really looking forward to all of them seeing our house after all the work we've done to it. And I'm just afraid that we're going to have to cancel and that's the last thing I want to do, but I know it's probably the smartest thing to do. And it's one of those things that probably won't get rescheduled either. Our summer is booking so fast as it is and I know that's how it is for most other people too.

I think I'm going to make a call in the morning and see if by some wild chance the community center in Steelville is available and hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg to rent it out. It will be a hassle to haul everything there and it will mean buying more stuff that I wasn't planning for, but it will be worth it if it means we'll still get to have a party.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh no!!! I hope it works out okay in the end one way or another! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Murdock's mama said...

Oh that is just terrible news! It has been storming all night here & I think it's supposed to last all weekend! :( I hope you get everything figured out! My vote is to squish in...it always makes for a great story later on [even though it just seems like a cruel joke today!]

Hang in there!
Abby

Kelley said...

Ugh. It's so hard when plans get screwed up! Especially when you have a beautiful new renovation to host in! Hope the sun ends up shining after all. You never know in Missouri!