Saturday, June 19, 2010

5QF...Late

We all managed to survive my first week back to work. It was a little rough at times, trying to adapt to our new schedule and getting all the things accomplished that have to be done on a daily basis. I'll have a post about it sometime this weekend, but for now, I have to do Five Question Friday with Mama M.





1. What is your favorite thing about summertime?
 
Swimming, and BBQing, and picnics, and parties, and fireworks on the 4th! I love a lot about summertime, but I guess my favorite thing is getting to spend lots of time outside playing with my kids!

2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)?
 
A beautiful white sand beach, with crystal clear water on a remote island somewhere with a beautiful beach home and someone to clean and cook for me!

3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in?
 
No, but I do miss that area a lot and wouldn't mind living there again someday.

4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult?
 
I was never a nail biter, but I did pick at them a lot. Ever since getting pregnant and having the awesome nail strength and growth that comes from taking prenatal vitamins, I've pretty much left them alone. They look so much prettier than they used to!

5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job?
 
I fell asleep.....Yep, I sure did. Right at the drive thru window at the bank. I was a teller and my station was the main drive up window. It was a nice, warm, sunny afternoon and at that time of the day the sun shone in through our window nice and bright. I was all warm and toasty with my chin in my hands and my elbows propped up on the desk. Next thing I know, my boss is hollering my name. I look up and there is a customer at my window just staring at me. Yes, I had dozed off! When the incident happened, Ross and I had just started dating and were having those marathon 3, 4 or 5 hour conversations every night on the phone and I wasn't getting much sleep. My boss gave me a phone curfew after that and told me I better not let it happen again.
 
Or.....the time when we were oooooing and gooooing over this really cute guy that had just come into the store and we look up and he's standing right there!
Or......there was this one time we had a little fire at the drive thru too! But, I'll save that story for another day!


Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I've got tons to do today and we are celebrating Father's Day tomorrow. Enjoy your Dad's this weekend and I'm going to try and get some updates posted and maybe try and get some stuff together for next week since I don't have a lot of time during the week to blog anymore. I am still reading your blogs, just takes me awhile to get all caught up and comment. Take care!

1 comment:

Bld424 said...

Those are great embarrassing work stories!