Friday, March 26, 2010

Longest Day Ever

I know most people love Friday's, but today feels like the longest day ever. I don't get it either. I got up at 7:30 to nurse Isabel and she went back down right away, I decided to stay up and blog for a bit. Everyone was still asleep at 9, so I decided to lay back down. The next thing I knew it was 10:45 and Ross was getting up with Isabel. We all slept in this morning and it was awesome.

I tanned first thing this morning, came home, showered, then ate lunch. We were having some angel food cake with strawberries and cool whip when Ross' grandparents called and said they were going to stop by.

Ross left for work at 3:15. I paid some bills this afternoon and went to the bank and gas station and stopped by Ross' work for his first break. Now, we're back home and it feels like I've been going all day and it should be later than 6:15.

I've felt really draggy the last few days and I'm not sure why....

Ross and I are both stressing about money these days....

Debt sucks, we're trying to get out of it, but it seems like we just can't get ahead no matter how hard we try. The minute we free up some money every month, one of our bills decides it's going up. Here lately it's been a real challenge to make ends meet. Unfortunately it won't get any better when I go back to work, because I'll be making the same as I am on leave, or even a little less because we'll be paying sitters again.

I'm trying to be creative in the kitchen to make our groceries last as long as possible. I'm cooking more than I have in years. We have a lot of meat in the freezer, so that is a huge blessing!

I'm attempting to learn how to get the most out of coupons, not doing so well with that one. I can never seem to remember to give them to the cashier. The other day at Country Mart I actually used a coupon I had printed off of coupons.com and they wouldn't accept it, what a crock...

Sorry I don't have anything more uplifting to blog about, it's just a blah day.

1 comment:

Murdock's mama said...

Those days just stink...especially on a friday! At least you have all weekend to get stuff done & have some fun. If it makes you feel better it's supposed to rain here tomorrow! :(