Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Love Letter

Dear Tanning Bed,

Oh how I've missed you.

I've decided to rekindle our relationship this past week and I'm so glad I did.

There is something so therapeutic about laying in your hard, plastic bed while those bulbs warm me down to my soul and give my skin the nice brown glow that I love so much. 

I don't know why, but when I'm with you, my whole attitude changes. Even my husband notices and I think he's a tad jealous.

You make me feel sexy and confident. I walk with a bit more spring in my step when I'm with you.

You give me the illusion that my fat doesn't look quite as disgusting tan as it does when it's white. I like my naked reflection in the mirror so much more when I'm with you.

My hair and makeup magically look better when I'm with you.

I will admit though, I will be leaving you as soon as the temperatures rise outside. The sun is better at giving me that glow that I love. Plus, I get the added bonus of Vitamin D that you cannot provide. But don't worry, I'll return to you when the summer sun fades away and winter returns next year.

For now, you and I are going to be pretty tight!

Love,

Jessica

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Sounds like a love letter I would have written! ;o)

Murdock's mama said...

OMG...I lost this post! To cute! :) I have the same feelings as you!