Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Night Down Time

It was another crazy, busy weekend like usual for us.

Saturday, we all slept in until about 10 or so. I went and tanned after breakfast. Came home, got cleaned up and started getting things together to go to St. Louis.

My good friend Monica is getting married on April 9th and last night was her Bachelorette Party. The girls and I headed up to Mom's house about 1:30 or so. I had a few things I wanted to do before the festivities began.

I mentioned Friday that we are stressing about money. I had a few things that needed to be bought now, so I raided our change jar and cashed in some coins and got a little wiggle room with our money this week.

Mom and I went to JCPenney's and I found the cutest Easter dress for Alexis. Isabel is going to wear one of Alexis' old dresses and I already have shoes for both of them, but I still needed a dress for Alexis. I had found one at Penny's in Rolla, but they didn't have it in her size. I found the one I needed at South County. It was 50% off and then they were giving another 15% off at the register, plus I had another coupon for 15% off. I ended up getting the dress for 80% off the original price. I was pretty happy about that! It's so pretty, it has the same colors that Isabel's dress has. They are going to look so cute together. Can't wait to get some pictures next weekend.

I left at 7:30 to get over to Monica's house to catch the party bus. There were about 25 girls on the bus and it was lots of fun! I think I was the only one not consuming adult beverages, but I enjoyed myself for the short time I was there. They took us to River City Casino and we hung out there for a bit and then they took me back to my car so I could go back to Isabel. She wasn't doing so well without me.

The 3 weeks that I worked in December, Isabel did great with the bottle, but since I've been off work, I've not really worried about giving her bottles. I just kind of thought she'd pick it up just fine. Apparently I thought wrong. Mom said she cried almost the entire time I was gone and refused to take a bottle. So, the next month is going to be me figuring out how to get her to take breast milk when I go back to work. I asked for advice on MckMama's blogfrog community, so we'll see what kind of suggestions I get on what to try. Please feel free to leave me any advice you may have, I would appreciate it.

I left Mom and Dad's around 11:30 and headed home. We slept in again this morning until about 10. We got around and went down to some friend's house for a fish fry get together. We had a great afternoon down there. When we left there we headed over the Ross' Aunt Susie and Uncle Jimmy's house.

We visited with them for a couple hours. I'm not sure who had more fun, Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Susie, or Alexis and Isabel. They have 2 sons and 1 grandson, so I think they really enjoyed our little girls!

Came home, did supper, got baths, got the girls to bed and now Ross is watching some TV and I'm getting some computer time in.

Good weekend!

1 comment:

Nel Lenae said...

I struggled with Abby taking a bottle... i will try and email you the post with everything i tried!