Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Coupon Queen

I've used coupons from time to time, but have never gotten serious with it. Well, I've decided it's time. I found the cutest little accordion coupon keeper at Old Navy that says, "Coupon Queen" on the front of it. I usually just keep the few coupons I have in an envelope in my purse, but I thought maybe I should upgrade if I'm going to get serious about couponing.

I've read several blogs about all the benefits of couponing and have subscribed to STL Mommy and have started searching for coupons online and I suppose my next step will be to buy the Sunday papers that have all the coupons in them. My biggest problem is forgetting to use them before they expire. So, my plan is to be more diligent to make my shopping list and check my cute coupon holder and get the coupons out that I can use and hold them with my list so I don't forget to use them. As all of you mommies know, when you are shopping with the kids, by the time you get to the register you are just ready to race back to the safety and sanity of the car! That's my excuse for always forgetting anyway.

I've been thinking a lot about ways to save money here lately. I've always been pretty good with money, as far as paying the bills go. Our bills will never go unpaid unless for some reason Ross or I would lose our job and literally not be able to pay them. I always pay the bills and then if there is anything left over, we shop. But, if I try to stretch my dollars just a bit more, I may be able to get some of those things I'd like, but don't want to splurge on.

So, if anyone can give me any tips or suggestions I would appreciate the advice!! Thanks ladies!

No comments: