Friday, January 29, 2010

Five Question Friday

My Little Life

1. Would you ever vacation alone?
I'd like to say yes, I would. But, I'm afraid it would be rather boring if I was all alone sitting next to the pool working on my tan. I may appear to be an alcoholic if I'm sipping little umbrella drinks at 9am at the swim up bar all alone. So, no....I must have a buddy to go vacationing and have fun.

2. Do you go the speed limit?
I do now, but that wasn't the case in my younger years....
Over the course of a 2 year period of time I got about 5 speeding tickets. All from the wonderful State of Missouri's Highway Patrolmen. (They loved seeing me coming.) Not wanting to get my key's taken away, I did the (wait for it......) awful thing and hid it from my parents...oops! I then wasted enormous amounts of my hard earned money and "fixed" all of the tickets with those traffic lawyers that will get it reduced to a non-moving violation so you don't get points on your license.
I've gotten a total of 7 tickets and have been pulled over about 10 times.

3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?
I was introduced to the blogging world by my cousin's wife Ashley. She looked like she had a lot of fun with her blog and it seems like a really neat thing to do to share with your friends and family. I am of course on Facebook, but I had a lot of family that wasn't and occasionally I'd send an email update out with a new picture of my daughter. But I thought a blog would be more fun. So, I started one of my own last year in June. I started slowly, because I didn't really understand the rules and what not. But now, I absolutely LOVE it! I love that complete strangers will stop by my blog and be thoughtful enough to leave me a comment to offer encouragement or prayer when I'm struggling. And I'm so blessed by some of the blogs I've found to read. It really is a wonderful community and I'm glad I'm a part of it.

4. Where do you shop for yourself?
Most of the time it's Old Navy and occasionally JCPenney or other department stores like that. Can't live without my hoodies and I like getting them from Cabelas or Bass Pro. I'm not a huge fan of shopping so it doesn't really excite me all that much. Now when it comes to shopping for my girls I love that! Just not for myself.

5. What was the song that you danced your first dance with your spouse to at your wedding...or...what song would you like your first dance to be to?
I'm really embarrassed to admit that Ross and I, neither one, can remember what we danced to. All we remember is that the song we wanted to dance to, the DJ didn't have. What wedding DJ doesn't have Righteous Brothers "Unchained Melody"?? I mean seriously, isn't that a pretty good slow dance song?





MckLinky Blog Hop

5 comments:

Mama M. said...

Get out! No "Unchained Melody"?!!! Truth be told...ours didn't have our song either...we supplied it...but, it wasn't a well known song...

"Unchained Melody"?!!! I'm shocked!

Emily said...

I hear ya on the speeding. I am the proud owner of multiple speeding tickets! All of which I hid from my parents especially my dad who owns an insurance company so he would for sure find out so I quickly got a lawyer to get them reduced!

Jos said...

Oooh...I understand your luck with cops. Everyone would tell me, "you're so lucky you're a girl, you can get out of tickets."

Um. No. Pulled over 9 times, and I have 8 tickets. UGH. Hence, the reason I have slowed down a lot in recent years!

Kris Ann K. Erickson said...

Oh no! I am completely outraged on your behalf that your DJ did not have Unchained Melody!!! What the ... ?

Cute blog!

Happy Friday!

Murdock's mama said...

We own a dj company and that is just obscured! Very common wedding song...hello?!

Oh...and I'm in the same ticket situation as you! :/

love your page!